Our Health & Hygiene Education Program teaches students and their families how to take better care of their health and the importance of good hygiene. CLS provides one health & hygiene lesson each week, focusing on such areas as personal cleanliness, hygiene in food preparation, dental care and treatment of sores.
We provide students with toothbrushes and toothpaste, and take them to the dentist for regular check-ups. Students learn how to correctly brush their teeth and eat healthy foods to prevent tooth decay, to maintain good nutrition, to wash their hands after going to the toilet and before eating, and to collect waste and litter to prevent contamination of the environment.
We also work with the government school to provide health and hygiene education to its students.
- Personal cleanliness, including clothes and body.
- Drinking more water, and having clean water.
- Provide toothbrush and toothpaste for students, with brushing of teeth at school and regular dental visits.
- Growing, cooking, storing and eating healthy food.
- Health education – nutrition, healthy living, treating sores and illness.
- Education about recycling and composting.
- Rubbish clean up at CLS and the state school.